Sunday

Saturday 23rd September 2006

Bowl Movement CC v Norfolk Dumplings CC.

I won the toss, and decided we’d bowl first, on a damp (but drying) wicket. I used seven bowlers, three of whom (Tom, Medusa and Phil) produced their best bowling figures of the season. My figures would look better if Richard hadn’t dropped two catches. They finished on 374-10.

Interesting tea (Carol, who’s away on birthday holiday, sent us the haggis; Ziggi made the cream cakes; Phil ate the pies).

We had a middle-order batting collapse, and at 149-6 looked to have lost the match. However, a seventh-wicket stand by Medusa and your captain doubled our score, and as Phil then managed to be not out at the end we won by one wicket: 375-9.

Personal bests with the bat by Medusa (79) and me – my first-ever century (136 not out).

In view of her performance with both bat and ball, I made Medusa (honorary) man of the match.

Results by other teams mean that we move up to fourth in the table, and are now only ten points behind the second-placed team.

No comments: