Sunday

World Tour, Match Three

We played Zimbabwe. I would rather not have done, but we were contractually obliged to, as part of our tour of Africa.


I won the toss, and decided to bat. Their bowling attack was, frankly, weak, and Richard and I made hay while the sun shone, knocking up over a hundred runs before Richard, just short of his half-century, skied a ball, to be caught.


Jona joined me in the runfest, getting herself out only after having seen me score my century. Sadly, a few balls latter I dollied a catch back to the bowler.


The rest of you continued to strike the ball to every part of the field, with Steg getting a half century.


We were all out, as you will see, for a magnificent total of 339.

We brought our own sandwiches for tea.


In a replay of last week’s match, Tom and Realdoc got the opener’s wickets in their first overs.


This was followed by an heroic display of line and length from Phil, who bowled maiden over after maiden over, whilst the rest of our bowlers tried their best to winkle the opposition out.


Eventually they folded, having got nowhere near our total.

Well done all. The man-of-the-match award is detailed over at my blog.


We have, I suspect, more serious opposition to come.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

So I didn`t get a game yet again... are the team trying to tell me something?

Dave said...

You told me you were working yesterday. In any case, you played last week.

The captain, vice-captain and wicket keeper must play. So must our best 4 bowlers (we are required to have at least 5 bowlers in the side, but I count as one of them). Similarly, we must have at least 4 good batsmen.

That means that, with 14 members in the squad, every week 3 people have to drop out - but they will be the weaker batsmen/bowlers. The computer has decided who they are, I can't help that.

I'm really sorry. If we had another 8 players, we could form a second team. In the meantime, I'm left with the fact that each week, 3 people are going to have to have a rest.

Phil said...

I was run out by Cumpball? Is he a well known player?

Ivy said...

Yes, I was working in the morning, busy cleaning and dusting all the cabins on our floating clubhouse and living accommodation. Forgot to say I`d be finished by lunch-time - although I nearly wasn`t, with the state some of the team`s cabins were in!

I`ll keep practicing my bowling and batting ready for when I`m required to play again.