Sunday

World Tour, Match Two

There is an apology for my bowling performance, over at my blog.


Our floating clubhouse has arrived in Africa, for the first of several matches. This match was against Kenya, who won the toss, and decided to bat.


In their first overs, Tom and Realdoc got both the openers out for ducks. With their main batting threat removed, I decided to allow every member of the team (apart from Richard, our keeper, obviously) a bowl – partly to find out if there’s some hidden talent amongst you.


There isn’t.


I returned to our main bowlers, and eventually a breakthrough came when Phil and I took our turn. The Kenyans had obviously never come up against my style of slow off-breaks, and time after time they played early, or over the ball. In one over, four wickets fell in four successive balls (my first ever hat-trick).

Tea was interesting.


Richard, sadly, was run out, going to a quick single. Steg and I knocked off the winning runs.

6 comments:

Greg said...

The word "comfortable" springs to mind...

Phil said...

Can we find some better opposition for our next match? I feel the Kenyans weren't really stretching me as a player.

Dave said...

It's Zimbabwe next week, Phil, who you may find even easier.

The following week, South Africa - who may just smash you out of the ground (just a hunch).

Ivy said...

Maybe some of our bowling talent is hidden because we haven`t had much chance to bowl !

Ivy said...

Not to bat..come to that

Richard said...

Sorry, I had a Boycott moment.