Sunday

WORLD TOUR – Match 10

Unlike last week, this was an International level match against New Zealand.


They won the toss, and decided to bat. The wicket was playing very oddly, and we managed to contain them to a mere 79 all out (with another five wicket haul for me – it could have been more, had not six catches been dropped off my bowling). Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of our full bowling figures. The summary, however, shows that our three best bowlers were me (5-14), Tom (3-7) and Vicus (2-17).

Kiwi soup made an interesting variation at tea-time.


We felt reasonably confident, with a target of just 80 to win.


We soon found that confidence to be misplaced. They skittled us out. Three ducks, three players scoring just one run each, and my miserable 14 being the only double-figure score for our side.


We finished all out for 43, and so leave the Antipodes with a rather mixed record.

Our ship sails tonight for the Indian sub-continent.

5 comments:

Ivy said...

Maybe it was not being used to such green liquid as the kiwi soup that put us off our stroke. We must be careful what we eat when we get to India.

Dave said...

My soup wasn't green. It was made with real kiwis - not kiwi fruit.

You are right about next week though; I suspect some players may be making excuses about funny tummies already.

Phil said...

Three ducks. It reminds me of my living room wall as a child.

Richard said...

Well, I liked the kiwi soup. A bit gamey but very nice. Perhaps I shouldn't have had 8 servings.

I, Like The View said...

oh cripes, someone pass me the Qwells, I think I'm going to be sick

don't blame the kiwi soup, but the ship. . .

I'm a rubbish sea farer*

and when we get to India, dig out the Immodium will you?

(*can I fly next time, please dave?)

;-)