Sunday

WORLD TOUR – Match 13

We played Bangladesh, at full International level.


I’d realised, as we arrived in India, that I haven’t used Medusa in the team very much this tour, so I asked her to open the batting, as I suspected the playing conditions might suit her. I think the result justified my decision – she was our top scorer, with 31. Apart from a few starts higher up the order, which we unable to convert into a decent score, we suffered our usual middle-order collapse. A slight fight-back by the tail took us to a grand total of 127 – nowhere near good enough, we all felt.

Tea was a very subdued affair. I’m sorry, I have no idea what I ate. It was ashes in my mouth, as I sat there with my head in my hands – I couldn’t see how we could possible contain an international side to such a low score.


I hadn’t realised what a hard wicket we were playing on, until Tom thundered in, and with his first over dispatched three of their batsmen.


I knew, from having seen their bowlers, that the wicket was also taking spin, so I tried my hand.


Amazingly, Tom and I were all that was needed, as we ripped through them, with a five-fer each. All out for just 18 runs! We win!

Next week’s match, against Pakistan, will, I suspect, be considerably harder.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Who is this Tom East who singlehandedly won the match for us?

Richard said...

I note you haven't embarrassed us with our scorecard. I'm in the nets.