Sunday

WORLD TOUR – Match 11

We arrived in India somewhat subdued after last week’s defeat. Then several key players complained of upset tummies. I persuaded our hosts to delay the international match to next week, and play us at county level this week. With only four players indicating they felt up to batting a long innings, those of us who were still fit really had to stay at the crease as long as we could.


I felt I had no choice but to open the batting (well, it was my birthday) and I did my best to stay in. I’m sorry that I managed such a derisory score before being bowled, particularly as once Frangelita was out (magnificent 85 by the way – well done!) our tail collapsed – it was quite obvious that you felt more comfortable in the pavilion than outside. Fortunately our local player hadn’t been affected by the bug, so Mincat and Lisa managed to see out our 50 overs, and we posted a magnificent total of 411-9.

Most of you hardly touched the tea. I do hope our hosts weren’t offended.


Bowling was going to be a problem. Very few bowlers managed more than one over before having to hurry from the pitch, so short spells were all we could put together.


I bowled straight through my ten overs, being reasonably economical, and knocking-off another five wicket haul. The rest of you did what you could, and we eventually bowled them out for 159, and won.

Next week we shall be playing them at International level, and things will not be so smooth.

4 comments:

Phil said...

I'm glad to see that my private coaching of Lisa in the nets has paid off. How many did she and I score in partnership? And is there any way I can blame her for me getting out?

Dave said...

Well Phil, for the five balls you faced, Lisa was clearly at the other end. Sadly I don't have a note of how many runs she scored with your support.


I seem to remember her shouting 'give it a wack, Phil' which probably explains why you hit the ball in the air and were caught.

Richard said...

I think somebody spiked my kulfi. Dave, the database holding the players upon whom we are modeled appears to be malfunctioning. In this run of form I'll never get my place back at my county when I'm dropped from BMCC. After all, I do have a proud tradition of W/K batsmen to uphold ('m even related to one).

I, Like The View said...

playing again here, but at international level, next week I see - should get over the jet lag then, but perhaps not the Dehli-Belly. . . however, there are benefits

more shopping!!

;-)