Sunday

WORLD TOUR – Match 12

A full international match against India.


They won the toss and elected to bat. Our defensive play was hindered by a terrible display in the field. In all, twelve catches were dropped. Seven of them came off my bowling – I was particularly annoyed by one over, in which I tempted them to hit the ball in the air – the first four flew straight to fielders, and were dropped; the next two flew over the boundary rope, and rather mucked-up my figures.


We all struggled in the heat, but nevertheless, six catches were finally held, and I polished off the tail (being fed-up at seeing so many dropped catches, I bowled them out). We were lucky, frankly, to get them out for as little as 175.

We enjoyed the many dishes we tasted for tea, although I fear some of you may have overdone things.


Our batting, frankly, in the last few weeks has been letting us down. One or two individuals may shine, but the majority surrender their wickets far too readily.


So they bowled us out for 67, and we lost another match.


Next week we play Bangladesh.

5 comments:

Ivy said...

Perhaps by next week we`ll be more used to the heat out here.

Could do with lots of ice-creams between innings to cool us down rather than Indian curries!

Richard said...

If there is a law of averages, surely it must go in my favour next week.

Dave said...

Richard, I wish I could fiddle the figures. I really can't explain why you get out so quickly each week. there are a few players, who the computer rates as quite good (better than me, certainly) who aren't achieving their potential.

Phil said...

Thank goodness I've never had any potential.

MinCat said...

you didn't play me!!! :) we wlda lost worse. hee hee. though who is we here...hmmm...existential dilemma. that said, im amazed we (india) won cos we're SO good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But we ARE in the finals of the 2020! wooo!